Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The End of an Era

It gives me great sadness to announce the end of a long era. I'm going to miss my daily fix of Yellow Dye No. 6, "black pepper flavor" and the ever popular, high fructose corn syrup. Was it the unusually high radioactive content or just that yellow is no longer as trendy as it was a few years ago? Regardless of how you spin it, how are we going to tell now if food is safe? In the past, once it stopped glowing, you knew something was wrong. Now short of doing a post-mortem on your pet rat, there is little one can do to be sure.

Still I remain optimistic. Color preferences change with the times and you never know what hues may come back; "I really like the chicken if it's not too blue". Call me old fashioned but losing both Red Dye No. 5 and now Yellow Dye No. 6? I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the apocalypse but what fun is it guessing the mystery meat when you don't need a spectrometer to narrow it down? 

No comments:

Post a Comment