Monday, July 7, 2014

Nickeling and Dimming Customers - Is it Worth the Price?

The other day, I stopped by my local Wells Fargo automatic drive-through teller just to check if a new auto-payment I setup went through. Technology can be great but when you see that a $1 fee will apply just to print the last 10 transactions on your account, you feel violated. A dollar is not going to make or break me but the thought that they would actually charge me for something they could do automatically really stuck to the craw.


Why do companies nickel and dime customers when they know sometimes these little charges can do more damage than it's worth? Yes the additional revenue adds up but if I were vindictive, I might consider moving my checking over to someone who doesn't play games. Sure most people don't want to be bothered moving their money but my cousin would spend 100 times more than it's worth just to make a point. Despite this, the nickeling and dimming continues. When will these businesses get a clue?

No comments:

Post a Comment